I went to our cherry orchard yesterday and picked 6 – 7 kilos of cherries, which I intend to use in a variety of ways. So, I decided to make brownies, which are not wild or crazy, but if the end result is delicious that is all that matters and these moist confections were phenomenal!
- In a double boiler, melt butter, chocolate and sugar, until the chocolate and butter are combined. You don’t need the sugar to dissolve. Let cool slightly.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add the eggs, one at a time to the chocolate mixture, which should be slightly cooled. Mix completely after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Mix half of the dry ingredients into the batter, combine until just incorporated, then add the rest. Don’t over mix.
- Fold the cherries in to the mixture.
- Pour batter into a buttered pan, lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325 F for about an hour, until a tester comes out with only a few crumbs.