I would like to thank Mara for suggesting the Spice Shop/ Магазин Подравки through her comment on my post about looking for matcha at the Tea House, I was able to locate this fantastic little shop on Tzar Ivan Assen II Street. Don’t be fooled by it’s size because this shop can really pack a punch with it’s selection of spices, gourmet products and wine.
The owner of the shop Mihaela Lazarova is passionate about good food and especially high quality ingredients. She believes it is important that people be able to know the aroma or the flavor of the spices before they buy them, hoping this will encourage people to experiment with something new.
Being that that shop is small, the quantity of products are limited. If there is something specific that you are looking for, Mihaela is available to answer you questions or help you find something via Facebook.
Here are some of the products that I found interesting:
- Matcha, green tea powder.
- Fresh Chocolate Chips (milk or dark), this is for my American friends!
- A huge selection of mustards particularly from France
- Garam masala (black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, mace, coriander, cardamon, cumin and bay leaf)
- Caramelized coconut flakes
- Marsala wine
- Madeira wine
- Aloe vera syrup
- Carrot jam
- and lots of other goodies…